Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Non-wedding Wedding cake


 I was asked to make a Retirement cake for on of the teachers from my children's school. The bottom tier is a white chocolate mudcake and the top tier is carrot cake. I iced it in white chocolate ganache and made buttercream roses.


I had never made buttercream roses before so why I decide to make them for a cake for anyone other than my family is beyond me. As you can see Guernsey butter is very, very yellow. I didn't have the 'correct' piping nozzle so I just made do with the ones I had to hand.

The teacher retiring enjoyed gardening so I thought the roses were appropriate, unfortunately I didn't give enough forethought to the colours scheme and it ended up looking like a wedding cake. It all got eaten so I guess they didn't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment