Thursday, August 11, 2011

Halloween Ghost Cupcakes


I made these spooky fellows for a friend's Halloween Party. I had originally iced some of the cupcakes in purple but I did not like the colour they turned out so I used these ones for the ghosts - problem solved.

Orange, green and purple seem to be the colours of Halloween but I don't often make a purple icing I like the colour of so in future I will stick to green and orange I think.

The ghosts are so simple and so effective. I stuck a lollypop into the middle of each cupcake for the 'body' of the ghost. I cut out circles of white fondant and pinned the edges of the circle to give the ghosts a more floaty appearance. Be very careful when you place the fondant over the lollypop that you do not get any icing on the fondant or it will ruin the final effect. The ghost's eyes are dots of black icing gel.

No comments:

Post a Comment